Your newborn angel is the apple of your eyes. Mothers ensure proper hygiene and care for the baby at all times. While giving a regular bath to your newborn baby may not be a good idea, you can choose to clean your baby with sponge baths. In this, you don’t put your baby directly into the water and use a soft cloth to clean your baby.
Read on to know to do it the correct way.
- Before starting the sponge bath, gather all the supplies and products you would be needing, beforehand. This way you won’t have to run around to look for products while giving the baths.
- Wrap your baby in a towel and keep a bowl of water beside you. Make sure to keep the baby warm during the process.
- You can use a soft, microfiber wash cloth or cotton for cleaning your baby.
- Dip the cloth in the water and clean the baby’s face gently, around each crease and corner.
- For the baby’s body, put a bit of natural baby body wash on the cloth. You can use Maaté’s Baby Body Wash which has natural, nutrient-rich ingredients like Neem Leaf & Oat Extracts. Check out this natural baby body wash here
- Make sure to use a natural baby body wash which is mild on the gentle skin of the baby. Clean the limbs, the back, and the front properly yet gently.
[ Alt text - Choose a natural baby body wash for your little one ]
- Do not miss out on the skin fold and ignored areas like underarms, neck, and inner thighs.