Bathing is an important aspect of personal hygiene and overall health. Not only does it help us to maintain cleanliness, but it also provides relaxation and therapeutic benefits. Bathing a baby can be a tough task, especially for first-time parents. But with a little practice and patience, it can become a comfortable and enjoyable experience for both you and your baby. In this blog, you will get tips and guidance on how to bathe your baby safely and effectively.
The bathing ritual helps in soothing aches or pains that your baby may be experiencing. In addition, bathing time adds to parents’ memories, something they will cherish forever.
What do you need for your baby’s bath?
- The best baby bath products, which are mild and natural
- A soft washcloth or sponge
- A cup for rinsing
Assuming you have all the supplies ready, here are the basic steps for bathing a baby:
- Fill the tub with lukewarm water. Test the temperature by putting your elbow or wrist in it.
- Gently lower your baby into the tub, while still holding them in your arms.
- Be careful as you use one hand to support their head and neck, while using your other hand to wash them with a cotton cloth or baby bath sponge.
- First start cleaning their face, then steadily move down to their chest and tummy.
- Make sure you wash in between their legs and around their bottom.
- To rinse, scoop up some water in a cup and pour it over your baby's body.
- When you're finished, lift your baby out of the tub and wrap them in a soft towel.
Important things to keep in mind while bathing your child:
Most parents have common concerns when it comes to bathing their baby. They may worry about drowning, getting too cold, or soap in the eyes. Here are some tips to help ease those worries:
- Never leave your baby unattended in the bathtub, not even for a second.
- Test the water temperature before putting your baby in the tub. It should be lukewarm, not hot or cold.
- Use a mild, unscented soap on your baby's skin. Avoid getting soap in their eyes by using a washcloth or sponge to gently clean their face.
- Be careful not to let your baby get too cold while bathing. Wrap them in a towel as soon as they're out of the tub and dry them off quickly.
If you are looking for the best baby bath products in India, Maate’s bath range is perfect for you. The cleanser is soap-free, tear-free & pH balanced, and made from Beetroot, Nagarmotha, Manjistha extracts and soothing Lavender oil. Natural ingredients are ideal for a baby’s delicate skin, so for new baby bath products, you can trust Maate!